– Nicola, the first time you take part in a conference in Kyiv. Do you think it will become a good tradition? What do you expect?
– Yes, I think and hope so! I would like to thank Mr. Felice Isnardi, Deputy Prosecutor General, for kindly inviting me and the Bank of Italy for giving me the opportunity to come and describe our successful cooperation with the Judiciary at Conference.
– Nicola, you are a professional in both things: world of law and internal control – how is your background correlate with topic of our conference?
– My expertise as a lawyer and a consultant is largely focused on the legal aspects of economics and finance. The attendees will benefit from my experience of my dual role, being both the head of the Milan Unit of support for the Judiciary and a manager of Bank of Italy Supervision Department.
– Nicola, could you give an example or examples for understanding?
– Globalization has facilitated the means for financial transnational crime. Financial investigations require a multi-tasking and multi-skilled approach. I think to have both legal and practical experience in these areas that I will be sharing at the conference.
– Will you tell us about this at the conference?
I am preparing the talk with care. I hope that my presentation will be effective and of interest. Come to conference and see!
– Nicola, some words about your Awarded to the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic – what it was for?
The Order of Merit of the Italian Republic is awarded for “merit acquired by the nation” in the fields of literature, the arts, economy, public service, and social, philanthropic and humanitarian activities and for long and conspicuous service in civilian and military careers” I was awarded this award in 2003 by Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, President of Italian Republic and former Governor of the Bank of Italy for my achievements.
– Thank you for the interesting conversation to the Dott. Nicola Mainieri.